Business Development Executive, Japan (London) – Shipping or Aviation
We are looking for a passionate Business Development Executive, Japan to join our dynamic Asia Business Development team based in London. Initially, the role will be based in London, although you must be willing to transfer to Japan after a period of time working in the UK.
A little about us
VesselsValue is a disruptive, dynamic and innovative tech company operating in the Cargo Shipping, Offshore, Passenger and Superyacht sectors. We will also be launching soon into the Aviation sector. Our clients include the world’s leading investors, traders, lenders, shipowners, operators, regulatory bodies and advisors.
Founded as a start-up in 2010, we now employ close to 200 people across our 4 commercial offices in London, Singapore, Seoul, Shanghai and our 3 R&D offices in Stoke, Manila, Isle of Wight. We are a fast growing, profitable and highly ambitious company.
We offer a supportive, trusting, and transparent environment, with considerable freedom of operation in a young and growing global company.
We are looking for a hardworking, self-motivated and confident team member with a strong academic background and excellent communication skills to join our ever-expanding Asia Business Development team in London. Previous experience in a similar role is desirable. Having an excellent phone manner is a necessity. The ideal candidate will possess the ability to work well under pressure, problem solve and be confident communicating with team members and management. It is essential that the candidate is a native Japanese speaker. This role will gain experience working with UK based Japanese clients in addition to trips to Japan to meet prospective and current clients before relocating to Japan to support the establishment of an office there. We are seeking two candidates, one for Shipping and the other for Aviation. Relevant experience in one of these sectors would be desirable.
- Identifying new business opportunities and generating sales of VV products
- Managing aspects of the sales process from liaising with marketing and PR team on fully trackable campaigns
- Finding new prospects and negotiating new deals and partnerships
- Ensuring up to date knowledge of VV products and also of competitors
- Meeting and speaking to new and existing clients to understand their needs as it relates to VV products.
Key skills required:
- Strong communication skills (listening, questioning, written and verbal) and understanding client needs
- Fluent in English and native Japanese speaker at business level (both written and spoken)
- Corporate experience in Japan preferred
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to work both independently and in collaboration with multiple teams
- Previous experience with Salesforce (preferable)
- Confident at cold calling
- Record of delivering new business sales preferred
- Knowledge/experience of the maritime or Aviation sector is desirable but not essential
Right to Work, Salary and Benefits
Applicants must have a right to work in the UK, although we will consider sponsorship under the Skilled Worker route if the successful candidate requires this. This vacancy falls under SOC code 3545 – Sales Accounts and Business Development Managers. The salary for the role will fall between £25,000 to £36,000 with a competitive benefits package depending on experience.
Closing Date: Thursday 30 September
Please submit your CV and a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role, as soon as possible to email@example.com We will review applications as soon as they are received.
No Agencies Please – do not send us CVs unless we have explicitly requested you to do so in respect of a specific vacancy. Thank you.