Business Development Executive – Trade Flow – London
We are looking for someone with excellent data subscription sales experience in the commodities, energy, chartering or freight trading markets to join our established but fast-growing online data and analysis business.
A little about us
VesselsValue is a disruptive, dynamic and innovative tech company operating in the Cargo Shipping, Offshore, Passenger and Superyacht sectors. Our clients include the world’s leading investors, traders, lenders, shipowners, operators, regulatory bodies and advisors.
Founded as a startup in 2010, we now employ 160 people across our 4 commercial offices in London, Singapore, Seoul, Shanghai and our 3 R&D offices in Stoke, Manila, Isle of Wight. We are a fast growing, profitable and highly ambitious company.
We offer a supportive, trusting, and transparent environment, with considerable freedom of operation in a young and growing global company.
We are looking for a hardworking, self-motivated and confident team member with a successful track record of selling AIS+GIS derived vessel, commodity and trade flow data and analysis subscriptions into the commodities, energy, chartering or freight trading markets.
Subscription sales, includes access to our online products, API data feeds, dashboards, custom solutions and automated or bespoke reports.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to
- Increasing the VesselsValue client base through qualification, lead conversion and closing.
- Advising lead generation team on target markets, geographies, companies and people.
- Demonstrating our services through online and on site demonstrations and meetings.
To apply you will need to have knowledge of:
- AIS+GIS derived vessel, commodity and trade flow data and analysis
- Why companies use or need this data and what they use it for.
- Which elements of the data and analysis is relevant to different companies and departments.
- The competitive landscape, strengths and weaknesses of different providers.
- The shipping, trading and commodity markets and the players within them.
Salary and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package depending on experience and qualifications.
Start Date: ASAP
Please submit your CV and a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role, as soon as possible to firstname.lastname@example.org . In addition, please could you indicate your current salary and salary expectations in your cover letter.
No Agencies Please – do not send us CVs, or contact VV or any of its employees, unless we have explicitly requested you to do so in respect of a specific vacancy. Thank you