Commercial Cargo Analyst – Isle of Wight
We are looking for a passionate Cargo Analyst to join our dynamic Analyst team based on the Isle of Wight.
A little about us
VesselsValue is a leading and innovative tech company operating in the Shipping, Offshore and Superyacht sectors, with our Aviation offering launching this year. We have over 2,000 users worldwide, including leading banks, funds and shipowners. We employ over 150 people across our 7 offices in London, Stoke, Singapore, Korea (Republic of), China, The Philippines, and Isle of Wight.
As a creative, forward thinking and hardworking company, the successful candidate should share these values. In return, you will get to work in a supportive, trusting and transparent environment, with a young, but growing global company.
We are looking for a passionate Cargo Analyst to join our dynamic Analyst team based on the Isle of Wight. They will be hardworking, self-motivated and confident team member with a strong academic background and excellent communication skills. The ideal candidate will possess strong analytical skills, the ability to work well under pressure, problem solve and be confident communicating with team members and management. There will be an opportunity as the role progresses to travel at home and abroad.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Improve data and analytics of the database
- Daily maintenance of our bespoke database, ensuring company procedures are followed
- Provide day to day analytical support to the VesselsValue sales team
- Responding to client queries regarding the VesselsValue system and methodology
- Maintaining the existing modelling systems
- Enhancing current procedures and mathematics of the system
- Maintaining a detailed knowledge of the current Shipping Sale and Purchase Market, Charter Market, General Market trends globally
- Analyse and compile information from physical and online publications
- Assisting the analyst team based in London and on the Isle of Wight in the development of new products
- Attending sales meetings and shipping conferences
- Liaising with the UK based data research team and development team
- Generating content for the Press team
- Creating bespoke reports for clients
Key skills, experience and qualifications required:
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in the shipping sector.
- Strong mathematical skills required
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong Microsoft office skills including competent excel as a minimum (pivot tables, formula etc)
- Lateral thinking/opportunity spotting/innovative ideas
- Strong communication skills (listening, questioning, written and verbal) and organisational skills
- Ability to deal effectively with clients and having a strong work ethic to do whatever it takes to produce results.
- Strong commercial skills and industry contacts
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Knowledge/experience of the maritime sector
- Ability to work both independently and in collaboration with multiple teams
Salary and Benefits: We offer a competitive salary and benefits package depending on experience and qualifications
Start date: ASAP
Please submit your CV and a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role, as soon as possible to firstname.lastname@example.org We will review applications as soon as they are received.
No Agencies Please – do not send us CVs, or contact VV or any of its employees, unless we have explicitly requested you to do so in respect of a specific vacancy. Thank you