Data Analyst – Stoke
We are looking for a passionate Data Analyst to join our dynamic Development team based in Stoke-on-Trent.
A little about us
VesselsValue is a dynamic and innovative tech company operating in the Shipping, Offshore and Superyacht sectors. We have over 2,000 users worldwide, including leading banks, funds, shipowners and more. We employ over 160 people across our 7 offices in London, Stoke, Singapore, Korea (Republic of), China, The Philippines and Isle of Wight and are rapidly expanding.
As a creative, forward thinking, and hardworking company, the successful candidate should share these values. In return, you will get to work in a supportive, trusting, and transparent environment, with a young but growing global company.
We are looking for a tech savvy, hardworking, self-motivated, and confident team member with a strong academic background and excellent communication skills to join our ever-expanding Development team in Stoke-on-Trent. The ideal candidate will possess the ability to work well under pressure, problem solve and be confident in communicating with team members and management.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Extraction and analysis of data from multiple databases (MYSQL, Snowflake).
- Preparation and distribution of regular/ad hoc report requests.
- To assist with client and internal queries.
- Review internal data for quality and report findings with proposed solutions.
- Identification of new report opportunities.
- Working closely with all teams across VesselsValue for data queries.
Essential skills required:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Experience of SQL server or another SQL platform i.e., MYSQL, T-SQL, Snowflake etc.
- Knowledge and understanding of data quality and data governance.
- Experience in analysing large datasets.
- Experience of working with spreadsheets including pivot tables, lookups, conditional formatting etc.
- Excellent analytical and interpretation skills.
- Computer literacy including a good working knowledge of all Microsoft Office products.
Key skills required:
- Logical thinker.
- Attention to detail.
- Be able to communicate effectively across all levels.
- Annual leave (increases with service) + public holidays
- Company benefits including Group Life Assurance and Pension scheme
- Recreation/Games rooms
- Fun working environment with regular social events and Christmas parties
- Continued professional development
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: Depending on experience
Please apply with your CV and a covering letter, outlining your suitability for the role to email@example.com
No Agencies Please – do not send us CVs, or contact VV or any of its employees, unless we have explicitly requested you to do so in respect of a specific vacancy. Thank you