Data Visualisation Analyst – Isle of Wight
VesselsValue is seeking to recruit a Data Visualisation Analyst to join our growing team on the Isle of Wight.
A little about us
VesselsValue is a disruptive, dynamic and innovative tech company operating in the Cargo Shipping, Offshore, Passenger and Superyacht sectors. We will also be launching soon into the Aviation sector. Our clients include the world’s leading investors, traders, lenders, shipowners, operators, regulatory bodies and advisors.
Founded as a start-up in 2010, we now employ close to 200 people across our 4 commercial offices in London, Singapore, Seoul, Shanghai and our 3 R&D offices in Stoke, Manila, Isle of Wight. We are a fast growing, profitable and highly ambitious company.
We offer a supportive, trusting, and transparent environment, with considerable freedom of operation in a young and growing global company.
We are looking for a self-motivated and confident team member with a strong academic background and excellent analytical skills. Previous experience in a similar role is desirable, but not essential. Having a great eye for detail is a necessity though.
The ideal candidate will possess the ability to work well under pressure, problem solve and be confident communicating with team members and management, across the whole company.
Main duties/ responsibilities
- Creating, updating and improving data visuals for both internal and external reports, data feeds and dashboards, to provide compelling visuals.
- Formatting datasets and visuals to comply with company branding.
- Developing new and interesting ways to interpret and visualize new data content and VesselsValue’s product offerings.
Key skills required
- Strong analytical and organisational skills
- Good Excel (Pivot tables and Lookups) and Microsoft Office knowledge
- Knowledge of other visualisation software (Power BI, Tableau)
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Able to work both independently and in collaboration with multiple teams
- Knowledge/experience of the maritime sector is desirable but not essential
Salary and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package depending on experience and qualifications.
Start date : ASAP
If you are interested, please submit a cover letter and your CV outlining your suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org In addition, please could you indicate your current salary and salary expectations in your cover letter.
No Agencies Please – do not send us CVs, or contact VV or any of its employees, unless we have explicitly requested you to do so in respect of a specific vacancy. Thank you