DBA (Database Administrator) – Stoke
A little about us
VesselsValue is a dynamic and innovative tech company operating in the Shipping, Offshore and Superyacht sectors. We have over 2,000 users worldwide, including leading banks, funds, shipowners and more. We employ over 160 people across our 7 offices in London, Singapore, Seoul, Xi’an, Manila, Isle of Wight and Stoke and are rapidly expanding.
As a creative, forward thinking and hardworking company, the successful candidate should share these values. In return, you will get to work in a supportive, trusting and transparent environment, with a young but growing global company.
We are looking for a passionate DBA (Database Administrator) to join our dynamic Development team based in Stoke-on-Trent. With an aim to build, maintain and secure multiple databases considering both backend data structure and frontend accessibility for end-users.
VesselsValue was founded in 2009 having built a unique online platform that automatically values commercial shipping vessels. Completely built in-house, the complex algorithms and extensive databases are maintained by the Development team in Stoke. The company has a high presence of R&D, looking to further enhance the services available by utilising the latest technology and huge datasets to digitalise the industry. Providing opportunity to be part of an R&D team that will challenge you daily with complex problems and the freedom to consider solutions, deliver prototypes through to MVP. We need people with problem solving skills, excellent programming abilities and a keen attention to detail.
Key skills required:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a DBA
- Strong knowledge of database structure systems and data mining
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and analytical abilities
- Outstanding problem solver
Technical skills and experience required:
- Application/Framework server software
- Experience in MySQL and PostgreSQL
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- User interface and query software
- Enterprise application integration software
- Backup/archival software
- Predictive modeling and text analysis
- Data modeling tools (e.g. ERWin, Enterprise Architect and Visio)
- UML (Unified Modelling Language)
- ETL (Extract, transform, load) tools
- UNIX, Linux, Solaris and MS Windows
- Data visualization
- PHP 7+ including OOP practices
- Hadoop and NoSQL databases
- Machine Learning
- Atlassian suite; Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket
- Standard Company benefits including pension and group life assurance
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: Depending on experience
If you would like to apply, please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org