IT Service Desk Technician – London
We are looking for an experienced IT Service Desk Technician to join our dynamic team based in the Hammersmith area of London.
A little about us
VesselsValue is a dynamic and innovative tech company operating in the Shipping, Offshore and Superyacht sectors. We have over 2,000 users worldwide, including leading banks, funds, shipowners and more. We employ over 180 people across our 7 offices in London, Singapore, Korea, China, The Philippines, Isle of Wight and Stoke, and are rapidly expanding.
As a creative, forward thinking, and hardworking company, the successful candidate will get to work in a supportive, trusting, and transparent environment, with a young but growing global company.
We have a new and exciting opportunity for an experienced IT Service Desk Technician to join our team. The ideal candidate will have a solid, hands-on technical background and possess the ability to fit into a highly skilled and motivated global team. Reporting directly to the Global Head of IT you shall interact in all IT functions across the group covering all locations both domestic and international, providing day to day support to circa 180 colleagues across the globe and administration of back-office IT systems.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Serving as the first point of contact for colleagues seeking technical assistance over the phone or email.
- Performing remote troubleshooting through screen share, diagnostic techniques, and pertinent questions.
- Determining the best solution based on the issue and details provided by customers.
- Record case communications, problems, and resolution in the service desk system.
- Escalate any issues in a timely and professional manner
- Liaising with 3rd parties and suppliers
- Active role in hardware & software procurement
- Involvement in IT Project work
- Maintain best practices following IT procedures and systems
- Manage end user expectations
- Involvement with core infrastructure monitoring, support, and improvements.
Key skills required:
- Proven experience as an IT Service Desk Technician with at least 2 years in a similar role
- Customer-oriented and cool-tempered
- Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
- Familiarity with IOS and Android mobile operating systems
- Understanding of meeting room TV and Audio equipment
- Active Directory
- Experience of Microsoft Office 365 and Azure administration
- Exposure to Windows server 2016/2019
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- Understanding of ITIL
- Administering VoIP phone systems
- Business level networking
Previous experience of the following would also be advantageous:
- Service Desk
- 3cx Phone systems
- Veeam Backup & Recovery
- Exposure to Linux
- Exposure to Firewall/VPN configurations
Salary and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package depending on experience and qualifications.
Start date: ASAP
Please submit your CV and a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role, as soon as possible to firstname.lastname@example.org We will review applications as soon as they are received.
No Agencies Please – do not send us CVs unless we have explicitly requested you to do so in respect of a specific vacancy. Thank you.