Recruitment Manager – London
We are looking for a motivated and experienced Recruitment Manager to join our HR Team based in London.
A little about us
VesselsValue is a leading and innovative tech company operating in the Shipping, Offshore and Superyacht sectors, with our Aviation offering launching this year. We have over 2,000 users worldwide, including leading banks, funds and shipowners. We employ over 150 people across our 7 offices in London, Stoke, Singapore, Korea (Republic of), China, The Philippines, and Isle of Wight. We are now expanding our services into the Aviation sector.
As a creative, forward thinking and hardworking company, the successful candidate should share these values. In return, you will get to work in a supportive, trusting and transparent environment, with a young, but growing global company.
We are looking for an experienced and highly ambitious recruiter to manage internal recruitment, in our growing international business. To work alongside Human Resources and Management in the long term planning of the Company’s recruitment goals and strategy. Reporting directly into Global Head of HR, Based in London.
As the business continues to succeed, and we look to expand into new regions and enter new markets, we are now at a crucial point where we need a dedicated person continuously driving the search for exceptional and dedicated staff in the UK and abroad.
This role provides an opportunity with bags of possibility as the Company’s first, dedicated finder of talent, but with the full support and resources from other established and sophisticated departments including HR, PR and Marketing. You will also have regular input and support from the Management and Board Level.
There is scope for the role to develop as we continue to expand overseas and enter new markets.
We are looking for an experienced, hardworking, results driven and confident team member who can hit the ground running with existing vacancies and quickly influence the way the Company finds, secures and inducts new people into the organisation.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to
- Working with managers to understand hiring requirements and support the drafting of job specifications and job adverts
- Proactively finding candidates including extensive use of LinkedIn Recruiter and other technologies
- Initial screenings of CVs and applicants
- Presenting clear shortlists to hiring managers, with notes
- Sitting in on interviews as appropriate
- Advising hiring managers on suitability of candidates in terms of job role AND Company fit
- Arranging interviews
- Making job offers with support from HR
- Negotiating the offer to secure candidates successfully and efficiently
- Remain a point of contact between offers being accepted and start date.
- Providing feedback to unsuccessful candidates
- Responding to unsuccessful applicants in an appropriate and timely manner
- Work alongside HR to rollout and improve our standard new starter inductions.
- Organise training schedules for the new joiner, working with managers specific to the job role
- Work with senior management to continuously review existing staff requirements and hiring strategy.
Further opportunity in future to:
- Introduce a graduate training scheme.
- Build relationships with and appear regularly at top university career fairs.
- Work with Head of HR to improve Company’s brand as an exciting and attractive employer to increase quality and quantity of applicants.
- Work with Head of HR to ensure budgets and company strategy always at the forefront of activity
- Network in industry. In core markets and new markets.
- Represent the Company externally.
- Improve recruitment process
- Improve interview process
- Recruit a wide variety of skill sets and job levels
Key skills required
- Minimum 5 years recruitment experience. Recruitment agency background preferred as opposed to in house
- Degree level education
- Strong communication skills (listening, questioning, written, verbal) and organisational skills
- Able to work under tight deadlines
- Able to speak other languages a bonus
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to work both independently and in collaboration with multiple teams
- Confident at cold calling and approaching candidates
- Proven record of delivering solid candidates and working well under pressure
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to change of strategy
- Commercially astute
- Experience in the following sectors beneficial but not essential: maritime, aviation, finance, private equity, commodity trading, data analysis, data research, modelling, tech development and project management, subscription sales
Salary and Benefits: We offer a competitive salary and benefits package
Start date: ASAP
Please submit your CV and a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role, as soon as possible to email@example.com We will review applications as soon as they are received.
No Agencies Please – do not send us CVs unless we have explicitly requested you to do so in respect of a specific vacancy. Thank you.