Senior Designer – London
We are looking for a passionate and experienced Senior Designer to head up our Design team in London.
A little about us
VesselsValue is a disruptive, dynamic and innovative tech company operating in the Shipping, Superyacht and Aviation sectors. Our clients include the world’s leading investors, traders, lenders, shipowners, operators, regulatory bodies and advisors.
Founded as a start-up in 2010, we now employ close to 200 people across our 5 commercial offices in London, Singapore, Seoul, Shanghai, Hong Kong and our 3 R&D offices in Stoke, Manila, Isle of Wight. We are a fast growing, profitable and highly ambitious company.
We offer a supportive, trusting, and transparent environment, with considerable freedom of operation in a young and growing global company.
As the Senior Designer, you will be responsible for leading the creative vision for the company, taking ownership of briefs from conception to implementation and working with multiple departments across our global offices.
You will manage the Junior designer also based in London, with an opportunity to grow the team.
The role is hands on so you will need to have strong technical skills across multiple channels, with a lean towards digital and an excellent knowledge of design principles.
This is the perfect opportunity for someone who is looking for more autonomy and a chance to take a pivotal role in a rapidly growing company. The right candidate will be passionate about design, have a strong commercial awareness, a good understanding of B2B and B2C design, be motivated, proactive and have the confidence to conceptualise and deliver new and exciting ideas.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee all design projects, from conception to delivery
- Create new concepts and artwork design for use across all channels (with a heavier focus on digital)
- Craft and perfect design output at pace against tight deadlines, without any loss in quality or creativity
- Mentor and support other designers in the team, offering constructive feedback to continually raise the quality of our brand
- Collaborate with our Marketing and Comms teams to help define creative strategy and deliver the best solutions for campaigns
- Become a brand ambassador for the brand, making sure all designs are on brief and within brand guidelines
- Converting data into engaging infographics and interactive pieces
- Design usable and engaging interface ideas in collaboration with UX designers
- Proactively present and suggest new design ideas and concepts to the Head of Marketing & Communications
- Regularly assess efficiency and suggesting new design workflows and processes
- Confidently lead meetings with stakeholders at a Director level
Skills and experience:
- At least 5 years’ experience as a senior level designer
- 3+ years of experience leading and mentoring designers in a fast-paced environment
- Management experience
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, XD, After Effects)
- Excellent visual and interaction design skills, with a portfolio of work that demonstrates this
- Strong problem-solving capabilities and an analytical, inquisitive mind that welcomes new challenges
- Ability to lead a project from concept to completion and balancing multiple projects and priorities
- Experience in producing designs in different languages (ideally Mandarin) is preferrable but not essential
- Persuasive written, visual and interpersonal communication skills, with an ability to come up with content ideas and suggestions to elevate designs
- Ability to take complex data and visualise them in engaging ways
- Knowledge of UX/UI design and experience creating website mockups and prototypes
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Knowledge of current graphic design and web design trends/techniques
Salary and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, depending on experience and qualifications.
Start date: ASAP
Please submit your CV and a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role, as soon as possible to firstname.lastname@example.org We will review applications as soon as they are received.
No Agencies Please – do not send us CVs unless we have explicitly requested you to do so in respect of a specific vacancy. Thank you.