Senior Program Manager – London
A little about us
VesselsValue is a disruptive, dynamic and innovative tech company providing online delivered data and analytical products to the Cargo Shipping/Trading, Offshore, Passenger and Superyacht sectors. Our clients include the world’s leading investors, traders, lenders, shipowners, operators, regulatory bodies and advisors.
Founded as a startup in 2010, we now employ close to 200 people across our 4 commercial offices in London, Singapore, Seoul, Shanghai and our 3 R&D offices in Stoke, Manila, Isle of Wight. We are a fast growing, profitable and highly ambitious company.
We offer a supportive, trusting, and transparent environment, with considerable freedom of operation in a young and growing global company.
We are looking for an experienced detail orientated professional from the technology, analysis or data sectors to manage and prioritise multiple complex projects and strategic initiatives across different departments and stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will have experience of simultaneously managing and prioritising multiple projects for algorithm, data and research driven products over their full lifecycle, from specification to delivery and support. You will also have the ability to rapidly understand, query and contribute to the various complex projects. The projects include online and API delivered products related to: Automated Valuation Models (AVM’s); AIS and ADS derived asset tracking, cargo mile demand and trade flows; asset and market data; forecasts and more. Experience in these areas would be beneficial but not essential for the right candidate.
We are looking for an individual who thrives on working in complex environments, with multiple stakeholders and who is able to coordinate agile project deliveries to tight deadlines.
Stakeholders include: The Director, Modelling, Development, Research, Analyst and Commercial teams.
In this role, you will report directly to the Chief Strategy Officer and work alongside other Directors and Senior staff. The main objective of the role is to effectively manage, coordinate and prioritise the multiple different projects to ensure high quality and on time delivery.
Although VesselsValue currently focuses on Maritime assets, we are currently expanding into multiple other asset classes and proactively looking to expand further.
- Manage and prioritise multiple simultaneous projects and strategic initiatives by balancing their complexity, resource needs, commercial benefit, inter dependencies and available skills with the high-level goals of the company.
- Advise on allocating existing and recruiting new resources in line with the company’s projects, priorities and strategies.
- Oversee and deliver the development and delivery of projects.
- Work with stakeholders to estimate, define and achieve project deadlines.
- Resolve major project issues and roadblocks.
- Ensure development and release of high-quality products that meet our clients and business needs.
- Report project status and deadlines to management and the board.
- Develop metrics and dashboards (based off data from Jira) to effectively monitor project progress.
Qualifications, experience, knowledge and skills required
- 5+ years project and or program management experience in technology, data, modelling or analytical fields.
- Experience of simultaneously managing multiple projects and stakeholders.
- Deep understanding of and experience in the technology, data, modelling or analysis companies and projects.
- Expertise in Jira and Atlassian suite of products beneficial.
- Experience in Agile methodology.
- Familiarity with software development life cycle practices.
- Familiarity with the shipping, trading, financial and/or aviation industries would be an added bonus.
Salary and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package depending on experience and qualifications.
We are looking for someone who lives within commutable distance our London office, remote working will be considered but regular face to face meetings and travel to our other UK offices are necessary (when permitted under latest UK guidelines).
Start date: ASAP
Please submit your CV and a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role, as soon as possible to email@example.com We will review applications as soon as they are received.
No Agencies Please – do not send us CVs unless we have explicitly requested you to do so in respect of a specific vacancy. Thank you.